A bit about our suppliers…
We’ve scoured the region to source fresh and local produce from home-grown suppliers. Each one with their own story. The Butcher who’s supplied The Ferry Boat Inn for over 20 years and others we’ve had the pleasure of discovering more recently. Fresh tastes and culinary delights combined to satisfy any appetite.
Here’s why we’ve selected them for you.
Smithbrights Butchers, South Woodham Ferrers have been supplying a fresh and varied selection of meat to The Ferry Boat Inn for over 20 years and we look forward to you tasting their sumptuous burgers, sausages, gammon, steaks and pork pies.
Marrfish supply us with only locally caught, sustainable and fresh haddock, calamari, scampi and prawns. Direct from the UK’s top fishing waters straight to your plate.
The Cheese Man
A family run, local business, The Cheese Man supplies our extensive and mouth-watering selection of fresh cheeses. Something to suit every palate.
Saffron Ice Cream Company
Dom and his team from Saffron Ice Cream Co, Saffron Walden have been lovingly making ice cream since 2010, using ingredients from local growers themselves and thankfully they’ve agreed to share their award-winning flavours with us!
Martin’s Lane Vineyard, Stow Maries
A visit to this region wouldn’t be complete without tasting our local, fine English wine. Thanks to Martin’s Lane Vineyard, we’ve added three English wines from the Crouch Ridge Vineyard to our wine list.
• Pinot Gris – A gentle, floral character on the nose and palate, its steely core is wrapped in exotic notes of fruity pear – a true ‘vin de gastronomie’!
• Pinot Noir Precoe – A clean, fragrant, well balanced wine full of soft fresh berries, rounded off with hints of toasty oak.
• Sparkling Blanc de Blancs, Chardonnay – quite simply delicious – an English Sparkling wine at its very best!
Union Hand Roasted Coffee
Hand roasted, hard-to-find, speciality coffee. Union Hand Roasted Coffee is as fresh and tasty as it gets! We loved their Union Direct Trade ethos, one of the first UK coffee roasters to trade directly with coffee farmers, investing in long term partnerships, paying farmers fairly, so they can invest in their farms, families and workers.
Good & Proper Tea
Tea lovers ourselves, we found Good & Proper Tea, speciality tea suppliers offering a wide variety of premium quality, award-winning tea, responsibly sourced from around the world.
Showcasing Micro Breweries, Essex
Mighty Oak Brewery, Maldon
We have two Mighty Oak award-winning guest beers on tap:
• Maldon Gold 3.8% classic golden
• Kings 4.2% rich golden with Citra hop
Mighty Oak Brewing Co Ltd is a small brewery located in Maldon, Essex.
Founded by John Boyce in Brentwood, Essex in 1996, they’ve quite rightly won many awards from the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).
Berties Cider Co, Braintree
Locally sourced and made, using traditional methods, we have two guest ciders for you to try:
• Elderflower Cider 4.5% ABV medium cider infused with elderflower during fermentation; a light summer drink.
• Pearf-Hic! Perry 5% ABV medium perry made from a selection of dessert pears.